Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Don't talk to strangers

So at work yesterday. Some crazy woman came into the store today and talked to Mary for about 8 minutes on what she had for lunch before coming here. I figured that Mary knew her, but no, she was just crazy. Then she got her sub, and while we were serving someone else, this crazy woman's mother came over and said she wanted to buy a paper. Well yes, since you're the only one of the 150 people in the store that's even remotely important, I'll be right there.
She gave up waiting after about a minute, cause when I went over to help her, she was gone and the original crazy woman was back asking about our icecream cakes. She asked if we'd be able to put a picture of her daughter in it, like they do at Dairy Queen. Well I had no idea, so I told her to check in the morning with the woman who makes the cakes. So far, she's been sane.
But then she starts going into intricate detail of her daughter's birthday to me. How old she is (only 15), how she's going to a certain restaurant on a certain date with a certain number of her friends, none of them adults, and it'll all be completely unsupervised...

LADY! I'm a stranger! Don't tell people shit like that! Jesus Christ, I almost expected her to hand me a manilla envelope and a briefcase full of money and guns

No comments: