Monday, June 19, 2006

Dave - The Blog 2: Electric Boogaloo

So I decided that I missed having a blog, mostly cause I miss complete nonsensical writing. Why yes, I did read the new Kurt Vonnegut book. And yeah, the new Douglas Coupland too. I'm sorry, but an entire page devoted to a very small font of the phrase "Grind the molten bucket" makes my little spark gleam! Maybe I should have said soul, but if Spark is good enough for Optimus Prime, then it's good enough for me! I mean who would put a goal from Tony Hawk in their book, without any context, or anything else even on that page? A fellow geek that's who. I like how he writes himself into this book (a very Vonnegut thing to do) and has all the characters refer to him as a snobby asshole. Beautiful! I'm working on a mixed cd for work, so no cussing! Here's what I've got so far:

Coffee Song - Transistor
Nowhere with you - Joel Plaskett
Ballad of a lonely Construction worker - Cuff the Duke
Crude Bomb - The Evens
Phonomenon - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Ego tripping at the gates of hell - The Flaming Lips
Styrofoam Boots / It's All Nice on Ice, Alright - Modest Mouse
Anatomy of a Headline - Sylvie
Speak Slow - Tegan and Sarah
Jockey Full of Bourbon - Tom Waits
Such Great Heights - The Postal Service


I'd ask for suggestions but no one knows this exists yet, and by the time I show it around, I'll have a few more posts and more than likely, that cd done.

No comments: