Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It's that time of night

So it's 1:39 am on a tuesday morning, so of course I'm watching transformers and listening to Quirks and Quarks podcasts. This one tells me about why snow squeaks and crunches in different temperatures. Also, yum beer! The glories of the unemployed man... I'm totally gonna play some Jungle Strike later too. Have I mentioned that I heart adding links into sentences? Cause I totally think it's totally awesome! As a geeky fan of manuals and Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett, I can't get enough of footnotes. seriously, throw a little ¹ in there, and I get all gleed up about additional information readily available. You know, cause I'm a geek.
But I'm huge fan of the hyperlink. If I was a teacher, I would demand all essays to be be submitted as HTML, with links o'plenty peppered throughout. But none of those crap paid links that seem to be cropping up. The ones that are basically a program by like google ads or something, that takes very common words, underlines them twice in green instead of once in blue, and links you to some commercial that the word means. Those are annoying. Out of context information bugs me, and out of context info tryign to get me to buy stuff is not welcome. You hear me Google Ads? Get your internets out of the way of my internets! This isn't a truck you know

No comments: