Friday, March 28, 2008

I believe in Bigfoot but I don't believe in you

Me and Danielle went out to see Cuff the Duke last night. It was awesome! I was worried that it would be intensely crowded cause it was at the Capital but it was actually really good. Decent crowd, not too dense with a minimum of drunken fools. The opening band was The Stables and they were really fun too. Danielle took one look at the dude playing the washbin / string stick thingy bass and realized that she could totally play the bass. I mean if Geoff can play four strings, she can play 1 easy!
Anyways, Cuff the Duke put on an amazing show. Country bands are great live acts. They didn't play of their super long slow pretty songs that I love (Ballad of the Lonely Construction Worker, or Parkdale Basement) but I was happy with the set list cause really, I love all their songs. After the show I went to buy a shirt and Wayne Petti laughed at my super corny joke which makes me happy. It's been a while since I've been out to see a band since the Corner Brook scene isn't exactly my cup of tea. But last night was good times and I'm looking forward to getting out more

No comments: