Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Too long (can you feel it?)

So, it's been forever since I wrote anything here that wasn't just, "hey look what I found on the internet". So, I've moved, got a cat (named Mellow cause she kinda is) and back when there was still a bit of snow I bought a bike. Pedal kind, not vroom vroom kind. Anyways, now it's fairly springish out, so i went for a little 30 min ride. Man, I = out of shape. But how could this be? My legs are like the only defined part of my body. There are muscles and stuff. But it turns out that walking muscles ≠ biking muscles. They're not even close. They used to be close, but then biking moved away, and neither of them have twitter, and walking doesn't have texting on his cell phone plan... and well, they haven't seen each other in a while. Sure, they'll get together and share a beer every few years when schedules collide, but they aren't really pals. So it was a little strained today when I surprised my legs with a bike ride. They'd forgotten the inside jokes, and even now they feel a little bit weird about the whole ordeal.

No comments: